HESA Admission Information
Preferred Application Deadline: Dec. 1
Application Deadline: Jan. 1
Waitlist applications accepted after Jan. 1
The HESA program is ideal for students who have shown academic excellence in undergraduate work and feel a calling to higher education, demonstrated by leadership positions during their undergraduate career.
Are you interested in learning more about Baylor's HESA program? Click here to watch our prospective student webinar using the passcode: w@^&tD3. (please include the . in the passcode).
Requirements for Admission:
- Application through the Baylor Graduate School
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Cover letter/statement of interest and résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Desire to have a career in higher education
Please note: The GRE is considered but not required.
- December 1, 2023 — Preferred application deadline
- December 2023 — Round 1- Zoom interviews with Admissions Committee
- January 1, 2024 — Final deadline and all application materials due
- January 2024 — Round 1- Zoom interviews with Admissions Committee
- February 1, 2024 — Virtual "Meet the Program" Event for Round 1 Applicants
- February 5-10, 2024 — Round 2- Apprenticeship interviews via Zoom
- Applicants will have the chance to interview for multiple apprenticeships throughout the week
- February 16, 2024 — Admission/Apprenticeship offers made
- March 14-16, 2024 (Thursday-Saturday) — Visit Event for students who have been offered admission and an apprenticeship
- April 2024 — Virtual offers to students on Waitlist if spots open
To check the status of your admission, contact Tiffani_hoot1@baylor.edu.
PLEASE NOTE: The HESA program begins in the Fall and students arrive on campus in early August. There is a 3-day orientation course in August to help students launch successfully. Because the orientation course technically falls in Summer, our program is listed on the Baylor application as Summer enrollment (rather than Fall).