Applications Deadline by Feb. 15
Admission to the EdD program in K-12 Educational Leadership is selective, based upon student vocational aspirations and a variety of backgrounds, skill sets/aptitudes, and dispositional factors that project potential for successful completion of the program and subsequent success as a transformational K-12 leader. Applicants are sought who are already addressing educational/professional issues or who are motivated to gain the skills and knowledge required to address the complex issues and problems confronting leaders. Therefore, candidates with leadership experience and the demonstrated motivation to serve and lead will receive priority consideration for admission.
EdD Program Details:
- Designed for working education professionals with classes on the weekends
- Cohorts begin each June
- 36 months to completion
- 62 total credit hours:
- 51 hours of coursework
- 5 hours of clinical experience
- 6 hours of dissertation-in-practice
- Master's degree required with at minimum 3.0 GPA
- No GRE required for admission
- Includes preparation for TX superintendent certification
EdD Application Details:
Each EdD candidate must first apply to the Baylor University Graduate School in order to enroll in the EdD program. As part of the application process, applicants must submit:
- A letter of intent: Describe your perspective on the importance on leadership and why you want to do this program
- Certified university transcripts documenting all degrees conferred (minimum 3.0 GPA required for undergraduate and masters degree)
- Two targeted professional reference letters (one from a recent educational leader/supervisor)
- Current professional resume
- Any other evidentiary documents.
- To earn superintendent certification, principal certification is required. Therefore, we highly recommend principal certification prior to applying to the EdD program.